Homemade Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (you can make it 1/2 if you have a true sweet tooth)
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Your choice of marshmallows (2 large or 6 small per cup)
- Combine cocoa, sugar, water, and salt in a saucepan stirring consistently for one minute until the mixture boils.
- Stir in the cold milk and vanilla and heat but do not let it boil.
- Remove from the heat and ladle into mugs. (Best served immediately)
You can add in 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract if you are in a minty mood.
You can add in a pinch of cinnamon to add some seasonal flavoring.
I hope you enjoy this exceptional recipe (if I can say so myself :))
Fill the world with flour,